Boşluk doldurma soruları: tüm konular

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
MODALS
Put in 'need', 'must' or their negative forms.

1.We have enough chairs in here; you ______ bring in any more.
2.You ______ eat those mushrooms; they are poisonous.
3.You ______ attend the forum, but he ______ as he is one of the speakers.
4.You ______ see that film. You will find it very educational.
5.You ______ buy the tickets as I have a few complimentary passes.
6.The invigilator said that we ______ take any books into the examination hall.
7.You ______ study hard. You ______ neglect your studies.
8.They ______ have paid for the damage. The fault was not entirely theirs.
9.Those whose names are called ______ come for practice today. The rest of you, who are not chosen, ______ come.
10.She ______ pay a month's rent in advance before she can take the room.

CEVAPLAR:
1.need not
2.must not
3.need not, must
4.must
5.need not
6.must not
7.must, must not
8.need not
9.must, need not
10.must

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
1.He has become a ______ person after leaving that gang of mischievous boys.
(A)best
(B)as good as
(C)better
(D)good
2.The man was attacked with a ______ object.
(A)sharpest
(B)sharp
(C)sharper
(D)as sharp as
3.You are very ______, risking your life to save that little girl from being hit by the car.
(A)brave
(B)as brave as
(C)braver
(D)bravest
4.Raise your arm ______ you can and do the wave !
(A)highest
(B)as high as
(C)higher
(D)high
5.We were hoping to find a ______ place to hold Sanchez's birthday party than this one.
(A)more cheerful
(B)as cheerful as
(C)most cheerful
(D)cheerful
6.I wish more people were ______ you, Mr. Walter.
(A)more generous
(B)most generous
(C)as generous as
(D)generous
7."I wish for a ______ world to live in than this one," said the first contestant in the beauty pageant.
(A)more peaceful
(B)as peaceful as
(C)most peaceful
(D)peaceful
8.That ballerina is very tall but she was ______ the other petite ballerinas.
(A)most graceful
(B)more graceful
(C)graceful
(D)as graceful as
9.Let's watch ______ show than this one. It's getting kind of boring.
(A)as exciting as
(B)a most exciting
(C)an exciting
(D)a more exciting
10.I met the ______ man at the party. There is no one else like him in this whole world.
(A)wonderful
(B)most wonderful
(C)as wonderful as
(D)more wonderful

CEVAPLAR:
1C 2B 3A 4B 5A 6C 7A 8D 9D 10B

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
ADVERBS

1.She answered the questions ______ and got the highest score in the quiz.
(A)bravely
(B)correCTLy
(C)neatly
(D)securely

2."You waiter was ______ rude to me," the old woman complained to the manager.
(A)quickly
(B)suddenly
(C)terribly
(D)gradually

3.They have ______ evacuated the villagers to higher ground before the floods happened.
(A)silently
(B)successfully
(C)noisily
(D)cruelly

4.I ______ realized how badly I had treated my friends, until they pointed it out to me.
(A)often
(B)seldom
(C)always
(D)never

5."Can I have some more porridge please ?" said the small girl ______.
(A)loudly
(B)kindly
(C)timidly
(D)surprisingly

6.Although he ______ makes dinner, whenever Jenny comes by, he puts the apron on and whips up a feast.
(A)sometimes
(B)rarely
(C)frequently
(D)usually

7.I ______ recommend that you seek professional help for your son, Madam Laura.
(A)strongly
(B)tremendously
(C)barely
(D)slightly

8.She ______ writes letters by hand. She prefers email and phone calls where possible.
(A)often
(B)seldom
(C)sometimes
(D)never

9.You have ______ seen Alicia's daughter ? I find that hard to believe because the girl's your daughter's best friend !
(A)usually
(B)seldom
(C)frequently
(D)never

10.He ______ dines with his friends because he stays alone.
(A)regularly
(B)rarely
(C)never
(D)seldom

CEVAPLAR:
1B 2C 3B 4D 5C 6B 7A 8B 9D 10A

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
MODIFIERS

1.The door is always ______ so that anyone can walk in anytime.

(A) bare
(B) vacant
(C) open
(D) plain

2. All the teachers are ______ about Patty's poor results in the trial examination.

(A) bothered
(B) concerned
(C) troubled
(D) interested

3. Grandfather tells us such ______ stories that we often sleep very late, listening to them.

(A) dismal
(B) interesting
(C) flat
(D) ordinary

4.The jury deliberated the matter ______ for more than seven hours before returning a verdict of "Not Guilty".

(A) thoroughly
(B) efficiently
(C) completely
(D) totally

5. This little town is ______ for its friendly people and their hospitality.

(A) notorious
(B) celebrated
(C) famous
(D) illustrious

6. Sperling is certainly not as ______ as he was years ago.

(A) occupied
(B) engaged
(C) active
(D) animated

7.At the party there were ______ people whom I had not met before.

(A) alien
(B) novel
(C) different
(D) unfamiliar

8. You have to drive carefully here. The road is ______ at the junction.

(A) slippery
(B) tricky
(C) unstable
(D) unreliable

CEVAPLAR:
1C
2B
3B
4A
5C
6C
7D
8A

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
ARTICLES

Fill in the blanks with a, an or the where necessary.

1.Evan is ______ tennis coach. He teaches ______ tennis to ______ students of my school. He is ______ extremely good coach.

2.He is ______ very strange man. He has ______ queer habit of sleeping during ______ the day and remaining awake at ______ night.

3.While ______ family was away, some burglars broke into and ransacked ______ house. They got away with all ______ jewelry.

4.Our washerwoman, Madam Chia, comes to our house thrice ______ week. Apart from washing ______ clothes, she sometimes also cleans ______ house. She is paid two hundred dollars ______ month.

5.As I was walking along ______ sandy beach, I spotted ______ bottle floating ______ in water. I picked up ______ bottle and saw that there was ______ note in it.

6.Ivan has always been interested in ______ cooking. He is currently undergoing ______ training in _______ hotel overseas. He plans to be ______ chef one day and open up his own restaurant.

7.______ four men involved in ______ kidnap attempt are wanted by ______ police. ______ reward for information leading to their arrest is ______ thousand dollars.

8."If you like watching ______ comedies, you must see ______ movie 'The Life of Brian'. It's ______ funniest movie I've seen this year !" Jackie was overheard saying to ______ person beside her.

9.______ tourism industry in ______ country is indeed booming. As ______ result, many young people are ______ enrolling in tourism courses.

10.John and Shelly are ecstatic. They are going to be parents for ______ first time next year. ______ baby is due in July, John hopes it will be ______ boy whereas Shelly wants ______ girl.

11."Are you still interested in buying ______ car ? I saw ______ magnificent red BMW in ______ show room next to my office. ______ price is very reasonable," Kumar's brother-in-law told him.

12.Sharon recently applied for ______ job in ______ hotel in Iowa. Just yesterday, she received ______ letter from them. She was asked to attend ______ interview on ______ Friday some time next month.

CEVAPLAR:

1. Evan is a tennis coach. He teaches tennis to the students of my school. He is an extremely good coach.

2. He is a very strange man. He has a/the queer habit of sleeping during the the day and remaining awake at night.

3. While the family was away, some burglars broke into and ransacked the house. They got away with all the jewelry, money and portable goods which they could carry.

4. Our washerwoman, Madam Chia, comes to our house thrice a week. Apart from washing --/the clothes, she sometimes also cleans the house. She is paid two hundred dollars a month.

5. As I was walking along the sandy beach, I spotted a bottle floating in the water. I picked up the bottle and saw that there was a note in it.

6. Ivan has always been interested in cooking. He is currently undergoing training in a hotel overseas. He plans to be a chef one day and open up his own restaurant.

7. The four men involved in the kidnap attempt are wanted by police. The reward for information leading to their arrest is a thousand dollars.

8. "If you like watching comedies, you must see the movie 'The Life of Brian'. It's the funniest movie I've seen this year !" Jackie was overheard saying to the person beside her.

9. The tourism industry in the country is indeed booming. As a result, many young people are enrolling in tourism courses.

10. John and Shelly are ecstatic. They are going to be parents for the first time next year. The baby is due in July, John hopes it will be a boy whereas Shelly wants a girl.

11. "Are you still interested in buying a car ? I saw a magnificent red BMW in the show room next to my office. The price is very reasonable," Kumar's brother-in-law told him.

12. Sharon recently applied for a job in a hotel in Iowa. Just yesterday, she received a letter from them. She was asked to attend an interview on a Friday some time next month.

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
NOUNS

1.Uncle Lim has two nephews but no ______.
(A)spinsters
(B)nieces
(C)widows
(D)brides
2.The ______ at the church listened attentively to the preacher.
(A)congregation
(B)gang
(C)spectators
(D)bevy
3.The board of ______ met to discuss the business plan.
(A)singers
(B)directors
(C)laborers
(D)typists
4.When their ______ is away, the servants idle around.
(A)hostess
(B)host
(C)master
(D)stewardess
5.The ______ asked his staff to complete the proposal before leaving the office.
(A)emperor
(B)master
(C)manager
(D)tailor
6.They called a ______ to help them carry their heavy luggage.
(A)potter
(B)porter
(C)peddler
(D)poet
7.One of the crew members discovered the ______ in a container.
(A)hideaway
(B)stowaway
(C)castaway
(D)navigator
8.The ______ was locked up in a cell.
(A)braggart
(B)criminal
(C)bankrupt
(D)cripple
9.The ______ did not want to pay a cent for the service.
(A)mute
(B)spendthrift
(C)spinster
(D)miser
10.He lives the life of a ______ and refuses to meet anyone.
(A)hermit
(B)hooligan
(C)hunter
(D)host

CEVAPLAR:
1B
2A
3B
4C
5C
6B
7B
8B
9D
10A

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
The day after the flimsy hut was completed, Hakim found work as a qualified mason. His daily income was eight dollars. ___1___ employer was a contractor who was ___2___ a canal. Meanwhile, Zati worked on ___3___ foothills. cutting grass which she sold ___4___ fodder for cattle. She usually sold ___5___ to the shopkeepers at the bazaar. ___6___ her bundle of grass weighing anything ___7___ to fifty kilograms and which she ___8___ to carry for between ten ___9___ fourteen kilometers, she received three dollars. ___10___ the eleven dollars, the family of four lived in comparative comfort, for food was plentiful and cheap. For the first time in their lives they were able to afford one meat meal a month.

CEVAPLAR:

1. His 2. building 3. the 4. as 5. them 6. For 7. up 8. had 9. and 10. With

The day after the flimsy hut was completed, Hakim found work as a qualified mason. His daily income was eight dollars. ___His___ employer was a contractor who was ___building___ a canal. Meanwhile, Zati worked on ___the___ foothills, cutting grass which she sold ___as___ fodder for cattle. She usually sold ___them___ to the shopkeepers at the bazaar. ___For___ her bundle of grass weighing anything ___up___ to fifty kilograms and which she ___had___ to carry for between ten ___and___ fourteen kilometers, she received three dollars. ___With___ the eleven dollars, the family of four lived in comparative comfort, for food was plentiful and cheap. For the first time in their lives they were able to afford one meat meal a month.

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
Fill in the blanks with phrases from the box Each phrase can be used only once.
adds up to
hung up on
snap out of
get on with
went up against
keep out of
wake up in
check in on
cut down on
coming out on

1."Your father and your uncle are in a heated debate about the ownership of the house. You best ______ it," said Betty to her son.
2.We need to ______ our expenses as the prices of goods are going up.
3."Now that everyone is finally here, let's ______ it," said the impatient manager.
4.Samson was surprised to ______ his room. The last thing he remembers is passing out on the street.
5.It was just their luck that in their first dance off, they are ______ last year's champions.
6."That rude receptionist ______ me while I was in mid-sentence," said an agitated Mrs. Stephen
7."Everything ______ $130.24. We take credit cards as well, sir," said the waiter to Mr. Mason.
8."Eddie Larson, are you daydreaming in my class again ? Well, ______ it !" warned Mrs. Virginia.
9."I will ______ you tomorrow morning to see if you are ready to be discharged," said the friendly doctor to Cyndia.
10."My results are ______ Friday. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time," said Kessler.

CEVAPLAR:
1.keep out of
2.cut down on
3.get on with
4.wake up in
5.went up against
6.hung up on
7.adds up to
8.snap out of
9.check in on
10.coming out on

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
1.The meeting took us five hours, beginning ______ 2 o'clock.
(A)by
(B)out
(C)along
(D)at
2.He got his family ______ of the burning house through the kitchen window.
(A)over
(B)on
(C)to
(D)out
3.You are skipping school, getting in fights and causing trouble. What is the matter ______ you ?
(A)as
(B)with
(C)by
(D)along
4.I just got ______ the phone with the mayor and he is not pleased with what he had heard on the news.
(A)up
(B)of
(C)off
(D)through
5.We lived ______ Ottawa for six years before father got transferred to Hong Kong.
(A)from
(B)in
(C)over
(D)out
6.I haven't heard from Cynthia ______ three years and suddenly she pops up on my door step.
(A)for
(B)in
(C)up
(D)along
7.I was supposed to head ______ Perth but I got on the wrong flight.
(A)as
(B)to
(C)by
(D)through
8.She got ______ the wrong bus and ended ______ at the next town.
(A)along, at
(B)in, along
(C)through, in
(D)on, up
9.Can you get someone to sign ______ this package so I can be on my way ?
(A)for
(B)with
(C)to
(D)after
10.She got ______ her loss and promised herself that she will work harder for next year's competition.
(A)up
(B)over
(C)out
(D)for

CEVAPLAR:

1D 2D 3B 4C 5B 6A 7B 8D 9A 10B

dderya

kOkOşŞ
V.I.P
CONJUNCTIONS

The man would not leave ______ the restaurant threatened to call the police.

(A) and
(B) as
(C) even though
(D) but

2. He tries to talk to her ______ he always freezes up whenever he opens his mouth.

(A) in order to
(B) if
(C) but
(D) although

3. You have to wait ______ midnight before you can open your birthday gift.

(A) since
(B) until
(C) because
(D) despite

4. Minnie and Gigi love to sit together during lunch ______ gossip about their colleagues.

(A) so that
(B) or else
(C) and
(D) unless

5. Martha wants to attend the meeting ______ having stated earlier that she would not.

(A) despite
(B) although
(C) until
(D) or else

6. Andy forgot to attend Daniel's recital ______ multiple reminders by Daniel's mother.

(A) because
(B) despite
(C) unless
(D) but

7. Can I replace your chicken with beef ______ we run out of chicken ?

(A) if
(B) so that
(C) since
(D) because

8. He will not believe that his baby girl can already walk ______ he sees it with his own eyes.

(A) unless
(B) in order to
(C) although
(D) as

9. You will have to pick one of the dresses here ______ you will not have anything nice to wear to the party tomorrow.

(A) even though
(B) despite
(C) or else
(D) since

10. She brought in all the laundry ______ it is starting to look like rain.

(A) until
(B) but
(C) so that
(D) as

CEVAPLAR:

1C 2C 3B 4C 5A 6B 7A 8A 9C 10D